3.08.2008

ZOMG A blog?

Blogger's been down all freakin day. Ugh.

Here's what I've got so far. Who knows if this will even show up.

I'm sorry guys; not my fault.

- - - - -


It's 12:24 p.m. at the Events Center in Vestal, and after all the hoops we had to jump through to get courtside for today's games, of all things, Blogger refuses to work. It's like BU put a nix on it or something.
It's also comforting to know that when you log in to the wireless down here, you don't need to pass all the normal network requirements to get online. I originally tried to log in with my school username/password (it's not expired yet) and was told I didn't meet all the network requirements; when I plugged in the America East username/password, it was like – ok, sure! Go right ahead!
... Yes, there is a basketball game going on. It's UMBC 27, Stony Brook 18 at the moment ... even though by the time I get through to Bearcat Country, this game may well be over. Through 9 ½ minutes, UMBC was 5-for-8 from three, most of them from way behind the arc.
The Retrievers are way up, but I'm not ready to bury SBU quite yet.
- - - - -
12:32 p.m. - The Retriever band breaks out 'Spiderman.' It's now 34-23 UMBC, as it appears they cannot miss a three (except for the one Jay Greene just missed right in front of me, that resulted in a quiet expletive probably only I could hear.)
- - - - -
12:50 p.m. The problem is with Blogger, not with my computer ... holy *$#()% be right back, the UMBC dance team is on.
12:51 p.m. I'm okay. I made it. Apparently, the UMBC dance team doesn't like shirts. Anyway.
According to Brian Moritz, he can't get on to Blogger either, which doesn't bode well for either one of us. I swear, eventually this will get online, and you will be entertained, damnit!
It's 44-29 at halftime. And it's over.
Apparently, UMBC brought a “featured twirler” named Stacy – and she's not bad. (At twirling.)
- - - - -
12:56 p.m. Apparently, there's 20 girls http://goseawolves.cstv.com/trads/ston-trads-dance.html on the SBU dance team; but only seven here today. Last night, there were six, and for one dance, one of the girls had to sit out. Maybe she was suspended, or injured, or something – we were theorizing about it last night.
The UMBC cheer team is more like a traditional high school cheer team, leading fans with vocals instead of piped-in music.
- - - - -
1:00 p.m. I'm not sure why Emanuel Neto took off his knee brace and waved it to the crowd in introductions when he's got it on his leg now.
- - - - -
1:02 p.m. In case you're wondering – and this ever gets online – the live feed on bubearcats.com is 19 seconds behind real life.
- - - - -
1:06 p.m. I'm going to stop writing p.m. It's the middle of the afternoon.
SBU dance team rocking out to ... Billy Joel?
I don't think Stony Brook has the chutzpah to work its way back into this game, even though UMBC isn't playing like a truly dominant team.
- - - - -
1:12. 53-35 after a Cavell Johnson jumper ... it's over.
Like, really over.
- - - - -
1:23. Looks like Blogger might be back in action soon, maybe. 58-42 UMBC but I still wouldn't say the door's been slammed.
- - - - -
1:25. If you're going to foul, foul! No easy buckets, guys! Three straight and-1's for the Retrievers. Not a good winning formula for the lovable losers from Long Island.
- - - - -
1:27. They call them media timeouts, but don't blame me for stopping a 19-point game with 7:34 left – must be the TV guys or something. Radio, perhaps.
Bloggers can go all day long.
Unless, of course, their )($*%'in Web site goes down.
- - - - -
1:33. I've officially wasted 48% of my laptop's battery refreshing Blogger.
- - - - -
1:40. Julius Allen and Mark Macon had been sitting next to me for most of the second half.
Macon smells surprisingly good.
70-52 UMBC at the moment, 2:03 left.
- - - - -
1:47. 76-58, 22 seconds left. BU Zoo starting to file in.
- - - - -
1:48. It's a final, 76-60.
- - - - -
1:49. Neto walks off, again holding up the knee brace to the “crowd” (band). What is he trying to prove?
- - - - -

No comments:

 
ping Bearcat Country www.bearcatcountry.blogger.com